EXCITING NEWS AT YORKSHIRE ANIMAL HOSPITAL
Dr. Diesel is excited to announce he has found an experienced veterinarian that will shorten your wait times to be seen. We have hired Dr. Daniel Boggs who will be joining our practice in September. A brief biography of Dr. Boggs follows. Please welcome him to our practice and community.
Help pets during the 4th of July
Hope everybody has a safe Fourth of July.
Recommendations for the animals to have a safe Fourth of July as well:
1) Make sure to feed them slightly early to take them on a very long satisfying walk minimum of 1 hour prior to firework display. (As long as it is not too hot)
2) Since we are all at home, we can go ahead and stay with our pets this year instead of running off to parties. Just because we may be having some festivities of our own, do not give them anything from the table especially pork products & corn on the cob.
3) If they have anxiety, put them in the lowest part of the home and/or a darkened area with music playing loud enough to drown out some of the noise.
4) Give them something to do, if you have a Kong toy you can put some frozen peanut butter inside or some type of a Frozen treat which takes a longer duration of time for them to get it out.
5) If any of the animals are on medications to help with their anxiety are there stress make sure to have given those as directed by your veterinarian.
6) Recommendation is not to take the pets outside to see the pretty fireworks that go off since they feel the concussions from the firework explosion. We do not want our animals to run off during this time and get lost or get hurt. The safest place for them is in the home.
Pet Health Network
We’re excited to announce the launch of Petly–your personalized pet health page! We have decided to move away from our current pet portals and upgrade to Petly, a new system we are very excited about.
So what exactly is Petly? We like to describe it as a single place for everything about your pet. With your upgrade, you’ll have access to a ton of great features, including:
Pet Health, Centralized
Keeping your pet healthy has never been so easy! Review your pet’s health records and more. Request an appointment or order a prescription online. Petly is designed to let you access your pet’s health resources when you need them most.
Your Pet’s Appointment Information
View up-to-the-hour information on future appointments. Know when to arrive and what to expect at each appointment.
The Latest in Pet Health
Find informative articles about the latest in pet health from the Pet Health Network. From medical articles to behavior tips, breed information to breaking news about tick borne diseases and food recalls, the Pet Health Network has it all to help you keep your pet as healthy and happy as possible.
With a live Facebook feed, see the latest in pet-related news, learn about deals and offers, and stay in touch.
When our practice activates Petly on 4/1/2020, you’ll get an email invitation to login to your new page. During your first login, you?ll be asked to create your password. Be sure to write it down!